Monday, May 21, 2007

Jumpy Jump

This is the last week C will be in preschool. Today, I took R to the local gymnastic center for JumpTime. They had a ton of inflatables for the children. R and his buddies had a blast! It was over two hours of climbing, sliding, and jumping. I don't think the smile ever left any of the children's faces (except of course when they landed on each other, or jumped onto someone else). I was thinking today that R is now close to the age that C was when we moved here. I thought C was so big then - ready for him to embark on his big preschool adventure. Now I don't know how it went by so fast. I have tried to download some precious pictures of R going down the inflatable slide, but we cannot get high speed internet here (I know, welcome to 1992) and it is just not working out for me. I may try from P's office later in the week.

Funny thing that happened at Jumpy Jump to mommy. While R and his friend, Maria, were on the trampoline, Maria's mom and I wondered if we could do a seat drop. It was a challenge. She did one, so of course I had to give it a try. I did it, but I felt like every vertebrae in my low back got stuck in a vise. Then, we all had to see if we could do cartwheels. The lucky thing is that no one but our own little group was there. If the coach had seen us, she might have asked us to please, stop. The gym does not have insurance coverage for mothers trying to regain their youthful flexibility (I will tell you with pride, however, that my cartwheel right and left, were flawless).

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I tried to jump rope the other day and my bladder dropped...it was not a great feeling! Keep it up sister!