Sunday, May 20, 2007

I'm Thankful

Today I'm thankful. For my two precious boys who have a love of learning. I'm thankful that they love to learn and sing songs, love hearing stories, love to apply the stories that they've heard. All of this is even more special when they are talking about and singing about their Lord.

We have been blessed to find a great church family. The children's ministry is fabulous. My boys love going to church and come home telling me what they've learned, excitedly. Tonight, on the way home from a friend's house, R said he wanted to hear music. I turned on the radio, searching for the Maroon 5 song I can't get out of my head. But, R said I want Here Comes Jesus Walking on the Wa-tuh. He and C sang along with all of the songs. I love that they love to sing about Jesus. It warmed my heart. I know that next year C will enter the new world of school. Kindergarten. He will be around children whose parents and families may not have similar values. He will hear things not appropriate for a 5 year old and see things he shouldn't. But, I just think if I pray continually for him, his teacher and his schoolmates, and fill him up as much as I can with the good stuff, he will be ok.
I may not be ok on that first day of school, but I think he will do great.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I think it is so important to be thankful with our lives today...in the moment. What a beautiful story. You have awesome boys and next year will be tough, but good. Keep blogging about it and we will make it through!

Alana said...

That's good stuff. Don't worry, we'll make it through Kindergarten together!!