Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The car

Today I was driving in the car with the boys strapped in the back. All of a sudden, we hear something hit the car (sounds like a small, metal object to me). We all ask what was that? I tell the boys that I have no idea what that was, hopefully our tire will not roll off, and when we finish our errand and come back, we can look in the road and see if we see anything suspicious.

We come back and see nothing in the road.

R: Mommy, I think it was a cheetah that hit us.
Mom: Hmmn. Could have been a cheetah.
C: No. Cheetahs live all the way in Africa. It was a dog. Dogs rule this place.

If P comes home and finds a ding on the car and asks what happened, I will tell him I'm not sure, but it was probably either a cheetah or a dog. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Love the dialog! I hope it was nothing...there seems to be a lot of that happening here, too.

DarylandRebecca said...

definitely a cheetah. Although I do agree with Connor" dogs rule this place. " ????