Well, here I am again with a lot of time gone by between posts. So, I will give you a quick catch-up of what is up with us!!
1. C has lost two teeth! He lost the first the beginning of October. We were all super excited, although I was a little nostalgic (big surprise). Then, three weeks later, he lost the one next to it! The new ones are almost in. Such a big kid.
2. C is now 6! He had a huge pirate party in November. It was all-boy and so much fun - obstacle courses including football dummies, a cannonball fight with a real boat and a search for hidden treasure.
3. We had my family here for Thanksgiving - my parents, my sister and her family. It was such a special time - the dinner table set for 13! It was so hard to see everyone go home. After my parents left, C and R saw me crying. C asked if I had begged them to stay longer (I had). R asked who was going to play games with him now? ( I do).
4. R had his last day of preschool this year on Thursday. They had pajamma day at school and Santa came to visit. R is so excited about Santa this year. He LOVES him!
5. P went hunting in early November and got a 12-point buck. He is having the head mounted, and it should look great in either the garage or his office.
6. The University had a special Christmas open house on Thursday night. It was cold, there were Christmas songs playing and horse and carriage rides through the campus to see the lights (they are truly magnificent - rival the Opry Land Hotel). It was so magical and really got us all in the holiday spirit.
7. I took the boys to Breakfast with Santa on Saturday morning. When it was their turn to sit on Santa's lap, they were having a super long conversation with him. C eventually moved on, but R stood up and continued talking, making big gestures. I asked R what he was telling Santa - he would like a basketball goal. I hope Santa got all the specifications.
8. I was lucky enough to get to go to Memphis with some girls yesterday and watch White Christmas at the Orpheum Theater! The show was unmatched. My favorite Christmas movie performed live at the beautiful historic theater. Snow came down from the ceiling at the end!
I am trying to get things ready for Christmas! I got my cards done early this year and they've been sitting at my desk for 3 weeks waiting to be addressed. They will be addressed within the week!
Happy Holidays Everyone!