Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Fever Pitch

Last night was my 5-year old, C's first T-ball game. I LOVE T-ball (I know every mommy says this - but they are so adorable in their white baseball pants, hat and cleats).

Last night, C's game was scheduled for 6:30. I taught aerobics at 5:15 and drove over to meet P and the boys at the field. Let me tell you, the baseball complex has the right moniker. It is COMPLEX!! I had been to practice at their designated field, but I walked around and saw every other field before finally seeing a gaggle of little boys in green shirts. Ahh, the Gators. Upon arriving, I realized that I left the camera in the laundry room (put down in haste when the door bell rang) and the camcorder charging in the kitchen. Not mommy of the year at this point. P so kindly pointed out that no one will ever know from the footage or photos if it is the first game or the 10th, so I will try to get the next game memorialized.

C played so well! I was a little worried because when we practice, he prefers to be pitched to rather than hitting off a tee. He did fantastic. He played first base and got after the ball every time and threw it to second base. We were so proud. Even his preschool teacher came to watch. R, at 3 years old, is dying to play. He knows most of the university baseball players and will play around the yard - I'm number14-the catcher, now I'm number 3...and names him! The boys love baseball, which is a good thing in our house.

With two games scheduled each week, I am going to bank a lot of hours in the laundry room. Who picked white pants for a team of 5 year olds? C is in slide mode. He LOVES to slide - everywhere. At home, when it is time for lunch, he slides to the table. When I call him to pick up toys, he runs up and slides to me. Sliding has become a regular form of transportation. Of course, he slid about 6 times during the game, so we are going to put our Oxiclean to the test!!

Go Green Gators!!

2 comments:

Alana said...

Gotta love those white pants! Congrats to Connor on his first game. Ours is coming up next week!

Janelle said...

I am glad I am not the only one with a fully charged video camera that is always left behind!