Thursday, May 10, 2007

Good days

P and I went on a date last night. I can't even begin to explain how wonderful it was. We have needed a date night for so long, but with P's busy season, it hasn't even been a possibility since the end of January. (Although I think we did sneak off for dinner together around Valentine's Day - a quick dinner and then back to work for P). We secured our sitter, who my children totally adore, I love and of course, she is graduating on Saturday. Hate to lose Miss Jessica! Anyway, we went to the steak place for dinner because some friends had gotten us a gift card. We had yummy steaks (a once-a-year dining experience for me, who usually avoids red meat) and relaxed and caught up with each other. It was so nice to connect! The server brings us our check and we place our gift card and our credit card (to cover the $4 we went over) in the case. She comes back shortly and explains that there was a problem wtih the computer - they can see that our gift card has $30 on it, but it is not running through, so she just wanted to check and make sure it was ok to charge the whole amount on our credit card. Ummn, no. Not ok I say with a smile. The gift card is the reason we chose to eat here tonight. Ok. She heads off to try to figure it out and lo and behold, she gets it to work. So, our dining experience was good, the company was the best and our children were asleep when we got home (although R had winter jammies on - a trend he tried to continue tonight. Apparently, Miss Jessica is a little more lenient than Mommy when it comes to wearing flannel when it is 90 degrees outside).

I had a great day with my boys today. Then, this afternoon, I get a phone call from my friend, Heather, who wants to stop by with something. She brought a plate of goodies, some monogrammed napkins and a really sweet note. Totally brightened my day and made me thankful for friends. She is an answer to prayer. It just reminds me that when I feel led to do something nice for someone, I should make sure I do it. Sometimes I get so caught up in the big TO-Do list that my good intentions fall by the wayside. Heather is so my shopaholic buddy. :)

Oh yeah. More good stuff. Just found out that our town is getting a Belk department store, McAlister's Deli and Starbuck's. This might just put us on the map. Now if only we could get a Target, but I'm sure that's a post to come.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

yeah for good friends, mc callisters and starbucks! we don't even have a mc callisters!