Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday 13

OK already!! I know I am not posting as regularly as some of you bloggers. It is just too much pressure. Things have been great here, just crazy-busy. I have not watched a TV show all summer. Not even the Today show. Our world could be crashing around us and I wouldn't have a clue. I rely on P to tell me anything important. Hopefully he has not held out on me. Here is an update of our important lives:

C has gone to baseball camp, hitting camp, basketball camp and swim lessons. He is turning into quite the athlete and we were all super proud of him winning the hustle award at basketball camp. The boys have gone to VBS - R was finally old enough to go this year and they both loved it. In addition to my regular Pilates classes, I taught a group of high school students this month who were in town for a special program. I had a group of girls and a group of boys. They were hilarious. Seriously. One boy kept referring to me as "our pretty little Pilates teacher" or "the beautiful Pilates teacher", one boy took my picture (yes, I realize it may be on the internet by now). This was ridiculously funny to me as I recalled it to my girlfriends. The really funny thing, she pointed out, is how I could totally be their mother!! Not so funny anymore.

Anyway, those nights involved teaching 3 classes per evening. I also am getting ready for a two-week vacation involving three different destinations. Hosted our book club's birthday bash this week (lovely, really), and in the beginnings of a business venture with two girlfriends (details coming soon). So, there has been a lot going on.

I LOVE to read. I love just having a stack of books waiting for me. Here is a list of thirteen books I'd like to read:

  1. Honeymoon With My Brother (kind of cheating, since I started it last night)
  2. The Book of Jane
  3. Water for Elephants
  4. Citizen Girl
  5. The Pact
  6. The Covenant
  7. Wicked
  8. I Capture the Castle
  9. ComeBack
  10. Grownup Girlfriends
  11. The Color of Water
  12. When Crickets Cry
  13. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime

6 comments:

Shelley said...

Yeah Sarah's back! I totally understand and forgive you for your silence! Your books sound wonderful, and maybe someday, when i read again. i'll try some of them!

Janelle said...

Those are some of my favorites...Honeymoon is awesome!

Where are you going on vacation? Can't wait for details on your business opp.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the details on business venture! WAY TO GO C ON THE HUSTLE AWARD!

Alana said...

When do you leave for your trip?

Carissa said...

sarah...the color of water is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE books! take it on your vacation. it will make you feel good about being a human being!!!! : ) hope you are well. enjoying keeping up with you thru your blog! : ) carissa

Sparky said...

I can't wait to hear about your vacation, along with your business venture. I'm quite intrigued. I sat next to a lady the other day reading "Water for Elephants" and she loved it.