Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Move Over Starbucks

There has been a request for Lydia's Homemade frapps. We here at the Shopaholic and Mommyhood blog are all about service, so since the recipe is readily available - on my counter where it basically stays (you would think I would have it memorized by now) I will share it with my faithful fan following. I am aware of the risks associated with sharing this - the fraps will no longer be a special treat I can whip up for friends. Now, you can enjoy them at any old house. Maybe not in the special glasses with special straws available at our house. Come over, let me whip some up for you.

"Yummy" Mocha Fraps

In blender, combine the following:
1 cup crushed ice
6 oz nonfat milk
4 heaping tablespoons instant hot chocolate
1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals (I use decaf, especially when sharing with C and R - yikes!)

Blend. Add more ice to thicken, add more coffee for a richer flavor. I top with whipped cream, from a can of course. You can also make them non-skinny by using milk with fat, or a double shot with more coffee, etc - you get the picture. They must be requested Starbuck's style - I'd like a decaf skinny mocha frap with whip. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Alana said...

Sounds delish, will try, but first I need a new blender. Maybe I can give Rich one for Father's Day ;-)

Janelle said...

AWESOME! So glad you sacrificed your hostessing for the fan base. We appreciate your friendly service!

Shelley said...

yes alana! that would rank right up there with jason giving me the meat marinator for mother's day last year! sarah, i will definately be trying this recipe! it seems fitting, afterall, you introduced me to the cappuccino punch too!

Janelle said...

I'm about to propose a hostile blog takeover. *sigh*

Hope all is well with you all. How many days until August... ?

Alana said...

You've been tagged for a Meme! Will you come back to blog world for me?