Thursday, August 16, 2007

Ready to Go

This is it. We are ready. Kindergarten, here we come. We have all our supplies, and I have labeled each crayon, marker, glue stick, etc with C's name as instructed. We have our school clothes, we have a new backpack and lunch bag with C's name embroidered on. We know our teacher is Mrs. Wood. C can read and tie his shoes. He can count to 100 by ones, twos, fives, or tens. P shared a special day of fishing with C yesterday. They discussed character, making good choices and being a leader. A real man-to-man talk. School starts on Monday and we are ready to go.

Except maybe I'm not. I am trying to be ready. I know he will absolutely love kindergarten. But, I will miss him. I have spent more time with C during the last 5 1/2 years than anyone else. And I like to be with him.

We went to open house tonight. Our prayers have been answered. C's teacher seems wonderful. I loved her classroom. C is at a table with another boy and two girls. He already knows three children in his class. His teacher welcomes parents helping in the class, which I have always looked forward to. After the open house, we walked to the playground for a few minutes. Kid were calling his name right and left. Kids from baseball camp, basketball camp, preschool.

When we got in the car to go home, C stated I want kindergarten to start right now.

He's ready.

2 comments:

Alana said...

Can you believe these little guys are ready? I can still picture them in that photo lying on the blanket together...remember when that was all they could do?

I love the man to man talk. So sweet. I'm going to have to send my two men out for a talk like that!

Janelle said...

Oh, the joys that lie ahead for both of you this year! Sounds like his teacher is perfect and the friends in his class will be a huge comfort. I can't wait to hear more.

You will love having R to yourself this year.