Monday, July 23, 2007

Sweet Summertime

Today felt like summer. Finally. We slept in. The boys swam and played outside. We had lunch al fresco. We played games, we played trains. We made treats. It was fun, unstructured and unscheduled. It was summer.

Tonight after the boys' bath, I was waiting for R to get out of the tub, holding his towel for him. He greeted me with Hello, what is your name? I told him mommy and asked about his. He said his name and then told me all about himself. He has a sister named Courtney (not a true statement), and brother named C (true) and another brother named Potty (not true). He also remembered another sister named Window (not true). With the exception of C, all the siblings are younger than R. There are 14 beds in his room and he gave me the tour of his room with the 14 beds. He then told me that in C's room, there are 15 beds. Apparently we are living in a much larger house than I have perceived. It is no wonder I needed a vacation. I have been taking care of 3 additional children under age 3 that I didn't even realize were here. I guess it's easy to lose a few in the large bedrooms with 14-15 beds.

3 comments:

Alana said...

That's hilarious! Somehow I can't see you choosing Potty and Window as names for your children, but hey, you've gotta give him an A+ for imagination!

Shelley said...

Courtney is a cute name, you'll have to keep that one in mind. . .just in case! I love those days that truly feel like the summers in my dreams.

michelle said...

Does this mean you need another trip to the PB outlet to outfit all the new beds in your house?