Friday, July 27, 2007

Priceless

Dinner for four at Firehouse Subs - $25
Shopping trip to Target - $50 (less a return of $16)
Tickets to baseball game at new stadium - $24 (actually free to us because we had a connection)

Watching the man you love watch baseball with his son - priceless


During our baseball season this spring, C caught on. He knew the calls and sometimes called them before the umpire did. He was hooked. Watching him play T-ball this summer, I realized that he was one of the only boys on his team that played defense. He would get the ball and throw it home, or run to home plate to catch the ball before the runner got there. He is developing a love of his daddy's sport. Tonight, he was watching the game intensely, talking about it with his daddy. I ate it up.

And R had a good time, too. We went to the potty several times. Went to get a balloon. Tried to track down the mascot (I think he might be an illusion). We snacked, we danced, we watched people, we chatted with the trash guy.

It was a great ending to a fun, relaxing, kid-friendly week. I am determined to enjoy every minute until school starts and the craziness surrounds us again. Only three more weeks. If they fly by like this week did, it will be here before I unpack my Target sale items.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

That is wonderful Sarah. P has to be so excited to have C getting so into baseball! We're clinging to summer too, it always ends to fast!

Janelle said...

I feel the same way about watching Skip. I never imagined baseball could bring a tear to my eyes.

Love you and thinking about you...a lot!

Alana said...

How many of the Firehouse hats do you have now? One of ours just bit the dust!

Sounds like wonderful family time!